Wakeboarding during work camp is one of everyone’s favorite memories.
Wednesday afternoon into early evening is always the free time available to the high school church groups who make the annual trip to summer work camp experiences. The rest of the time, Monday through Friday are long days, often in the sun, helping repair area homes of residents who could use a little help. Sometimes the high schoolers are learning how to drywall or use their previous painting skills. Other times a crew will spend their entire time building a fence for a backyard.
The work crew time is spent with people from different churches around the country, but the Wednesday free time is intended as a way for the youth from the same churches to spend time together. With teenagers who have likely gone through confirmation and even national youth gatherings together, these Wednesday afternoons are an opportunity to regroup and refocus while having a little fun at the same time. In the past the leaders have taken kids to arcades for bowling and laser tag and other opportunities to get out of the heat. This year, however, the leaders decide that they would provide a different way for the kids to cool off.
The wakeboarding was the biggest hit, but kids could also decide to spend time paddle boarding, swimming, or enjoying the beach.
The Benefits of a Pontoon Boat and Wakeboard Boat Rental Are Varied
When some people think of spending a day on a pontoon boat they may simply think of a relaxing ride around a lake. The fact of the matter is, however, some pontoon boats are also great ways to take people water skiing and tubing. And while you need a different kind of boat to enjoy wakeboarding, there are plenty of people who find a pontoon boat a perfect kind of vessel.
Whether you are looking for a long term investment or just a weekend rental, consider all of these facts about one of the some of the most popular recreational water activities:
- There were approximately 2.91 million U.S. participants in wakeboarding in the year 2016.
- The ideal wakeboard rope is between 52 and 78 feet, which is usually longer than wakesurfing ropes.
- When wakesurfing, the surfer trails behind a motorboat on a small surfboard that is typically five feet long.
- Advances in the 1980s changed the way they were designed so you no longer to stand up to ride jet skis.
- With motor sizes that can allow the craft to reach high speeds between 15 mph and 60 mph, jet skis can accommodate one to four adults depending on the model.
- 19.6% of Millennials participate in water sports.
Summer days at the lake can provide a great break. Whether you are looking for a way to cool off after a long week of manual labor or are searching for ways to make family vacation more fun for your high school and college age kids, water sports are great option.