The picture of your father and husband sitting outside by the smoker pit trailer is a favorite.
In fact, of all the photos you took when your 85 year and old father traveled with your husband to visit your oldest daughter in college, the smoker pit trailer is the one that everyone comments on. The intent of the trip was for your father to visit his granddaughter’s college campus and get a feel for the southern experience in Louisiana. And while you had many places that you wanted to show your father, he was the one who instigated the visit to the corner BBQ. On the way to and from campus your father kept commenting that he was certain there was some good food to be had at this spot. It looked a little run down, and quite frankly, you were not the excited about sitting on furniture that clearly sat outside all of the time, but your father just kept hinting.
So, on the third day you were in town, your husband announced that is where you would be having lunch. You opted for seating on a concrete bench, but your husband and father found the upholstered leather chairs that had certainly endured buckets of rain in this Louisiana town. The food was great. The conversation was even better. And that panoramic photo you took of the whole set up is a terrific memory.
Custom BBQ Smokers and Grills Are Popular Items for Many Outdoor Cooks
You do not have to travel south to Louisiana or Texas to understand the value and taste of meat that has been cooking all day in pit smokers, but it does not hurt. And while there are many parts of the country who like to claim that they have the best, and most authentic BBQ, the fact of the matter is many people around the country boast of the food they prepare in BBQ pit smokers and pits around the country. From the top rated vertical smokers to the best homemade sauce, BBQ is a regional treat in many places.
Consider some of these tasty tidbits about the BBQ industry:
- Many cooks suggest that sauce should be applied during the last 15 to 30 minutes of cooking meat to prevent excess burning or browning.
- Although there might be many kinds of smoker pit trailers, there are really only four basic kinds of BBQ styles: Memphis, Kansas City, Texas, and Carolina.
- 79.1 million Americans reported grilling in the year 2016, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- 60% of grillers cook outdoors all year-round, according to reports from the Hearth, Patio, and Barbecue Association (HBPA).
- The longest barbecue marathon was held in 2014 and ran for 80 hours, according to Guinness World Records.
- 46% of participants never use a thermometer when cooking chicken, according to data from the most recent U.S. Food and Drug Administration surveys revealed that.
If you are someone who looks for a good BBQ joint at the corner of smoky and savory whenever you visit a new city, you have probably seen your fair share of stand up smokers and other kinds of custom charcoal grills. In fact, eating across America has turned into a travel destination for many families, so it should come as no surprise that some people try to find the tools and supplies that they need so that they can cook the same meals back home.